Core Medicine Interview Station 2: Clinical
Prior to arriving at station 2, you will be given a clinical scenario to review; upon arrival at the station, you will then be asked questions relating to this scenario.
Some points you should consider when reviewing the scenario:
- what next steps you would take
- any potential treatments possible
- any further information you would gather
- how you would go about communicating with any people (eg patients, family members, colleagues) involved in the scenario.
As well as any other considerations you feel appropriate, using your experience and professional judgement.
One mark will be awarded to you based on your suggestions and responses to the clinical scenario .
The second assessment carried out here will be that of your communication skills; both in terms of you demonstrating how you would communicate with patients, colleagues, family, etc. in the scenario, and also your communication with interviewers at the station.
Scoring is done independently by two assessors.
- default_titleThe clinical station tests your understanding of common medical emergencies and complications
- default_titleInterviewers will ask questions quickly to test how you perform under pressure
- default_titlePatient safety is key and safe assessment, diagnosis and management of the patient in any given scenario will score you points
- default_titleYou will be scored on both your communication and knowledge and giving your answer in a structured, logical fashion that involves the patient, family and your colleagues will score the most points.
- Show More